Off Topic: New Cars - CItroen C3 ?

Hardly the same time, the C3 was launched in 2002, the C1 came along three years later. The C1 is the same car (styling aside) as the Peugeot 107 and Toyota Aygo.

The (Toyota) one-litre petrol engine might be gutless, but it is still faster than the 1.4 PSA HDi diesel also available.

Not sure how a 1.5 106 (56hp, 70lbft, 18.3s 0-62) can be described as more gutless than the 1.0 C1 (67bhp, 69lbft, 13.7 0-62) :P

Reply to
Woof

It can't. What I'm saying is that the 106 is faster. Although the official figures say the 106 is slower, having driven both cars on the same day I would put money on the N reg 106 being faster than the brand new C1.

Reply to
malc

In article , antonyf writes

Damn. Cous-cous all over my new flat-panel monitor.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Being faster, or feeling faster? It's likely to be quieter and more refined, giving the impression that it's slower, but within the laws of physics as we know them I don't see how it can be.

C1 106 weight 790kg 840kg power 67bhp 50bhp torque 69lbft 60lbft bhp/ton 84.8 59.5

Must admit, I'm amazed at how light it is. That's still 106kg heavier than a 1.0 litre AX, but in the C1 there's a chance that you might survive a collision. 4 * NCAP rating. I wonder how many an AX would get?

Reply to
Steve Walker

I'm now doubting you're whether you're responisble enough for us to let you choose your new car.

Reply to
David R