Oil viscosity. (and cheap bulbs)

Sorry to ask yet another question about oil, but I looked through previous answers with no success.

Citroen Berlingo 1.6 16v: book recommends 10W-40 or 5W-40 (or 0W-40 for extreme cold down to -30 and up to 40C+). I have a can of Mobil 1 fully synthetic 0W-40 with just enough left in to do an oil change.

Will it be okay to use? Will I be merely 'over protected' against cold weather? It meets the required API/ACEA spec.

Oh, and something that may be useful to the group, cheap bulbs at Lidl on Monday, no idea what they're like, but *some* of their stuff is actually quite good quality, honestly! (A few other things on there too)

from 2 sets of H1 12V or H4 12V bulbs With fuses UV-reduced bulbs Price per set £3.99

Reply to
Stu C.

It's an overrated oil for the price but yes it will be fine. The spec is important to check but as you say it meets it.

None near me sadly.

Reply to
Chris Street

Thanks Chris,

Actually, on double checking, book states API 'SJ' spec and the Mobil

1 I want to put in is 'SL'. Am I right in assuming that SL is fine? [Albeit a higher spec than is actually needed?]
Reply to
Stu C.

Yes the SL will be fine.

Reply to