One Tyre Scrubbing Off..

Hi Guys :-) Usual car Corsa 1.7D on a S 1998 plate.

I have just given the car a once over before getting off the factors for some bits and the local fast fit for some tyres, I noticed that the nearside front has scrubbed of on the inside shoulder.

I thought that if the tracking was out then both would scrub off, then I thought some more and decided I wasn't sure.

The only other thing is that when I turn left, even just slightly there is a clunking noise from the off side suspension area.

CVs I hear you scream? well maybe, but it is only if I have the slightest touch of right lock on and gets no better or worse the more lock is on.

I plan to have a look/get fast fit bodger to have a look at what is going on while its there in the air, then get any parts I need from the factors. But any clues?

Steering is no worse than normal.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

"Tom Burton" wrote in news:m4eJg.122$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net:

Tracking problems do not have to affect both tyres - if it's out on one side only then it may only affect one side.

As you have both a knocking noise and a problem with the steering/suspension geometry, may I suggest that you check the condition of the front suspension, especially items like the control arm bushes, before getting the tracking set?

Reply to
Stu

I see...

Turns out the tracking was out, and the wheel had lost it's balancing weight (if that makes a difference - certainly didnt feel any judder).

I must have got one of the better fast fits, a problem with the exhaust mounting was found to be the cause of the knocking repaired (welded in a satisfactory manor) for no fee.

The tracking was also found to be a bit out.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Bearing problems? Play in a single track rod end? Ive had both cause single wheel wear.

Reply to
Coyoteboy