Citroen AX cam belt

I had the cam belt fail on a citroen AX. Anyone know how much damage is likely to have been done (ie is it an interference engine etc)? It's an

1124cc '95/N Memphis.
Reply to
Ed Hazell

IF it helps, I think it's the 1124cc TU1 engine that was common to various PSA cars like the 205, 106, Saxo etc. In fact there's still a descendant of it in the C2 and C3 and I doubt the basic configuration's changed, so any experience with cambelts on these could be relevant I suppose (?).

Reply to
Ed Hazell

Yup , labour wont be much. Head and belt come off in about 25 minutes. Assuming no head damage or valve guide damage this engine is a piece of cake to work on - reckon i could do a full HG/belt swap on it in about

2 hours max, including coffees.
Reply to
Coyoteboy