OT accident

On my way to Uxbridge today, I passed a pretty heavy accident. This seemed quite odd since the road is limited to 40mph. There is an overtaking lane on the way that ends in a yellow bollard. Any overtaking should be completed before the bollard, or the car must wait for changing into the single file. The overtaking car appeared to be a new BMW M type. The car in the single lane was an open top Astra. I can only guess that some kind of competition had probably taken place between the cars. The BMW had both front wheels leaning outward and the front of the car generally twisted. Not a pretty sight; clearly a total. Quite often when I see accident in unexpected places, the cars are of sporty types, which suggest that some showmanship was the reason...

Reply to
Johannes

Your point being?

Reply to
gazzafield

I was forced off the road by an overtaking bmw recently, a nearby policeman on camera duty didn't appear to see it though! At the next lights I caught up with the bmw, but he just drove straight over the red lights! I decided he was too dangerous to pursue at that point.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I had a similar thing a while ago where, if I hadn't had a bus layby to use I would have performed something very much like a Pitt manouvre on him. (He was overtaking me).

I won't bore you with details but it was such a lunatic bit of driving I slightly lost my rag and chased him. When he got onto the side streets he did a neat little trick. He stopped at a green light, waited until it had turned red and before the traffic started to cross in front of him, drove across the lights, leaving me stuck at the red light.

Reply to
Periproct

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

I've never come close to thumping a salesman in an Audi. I don't have an Audi in which to thump him.

Reply to
Guy King

where about in Oxbridge? there are loads of roads that are 40 odd but you can go quicker on then you come to a 30 limit and it feels like you've just driven to a halt

Reply to
dojj

Uxbridge! From M40 and into town centre.

The 40/30 limits are quite normal around towns with many adjoining roads, pubs, petrol stations, schools etc. The roads are also short so that there's no point in speeding up; you might gain 1 or 2 seconds to the next traffic light.

Reply to
Johannes

[...]

She made a mistake, but you acted deliberately. I use both car and cycle, so I know what it's like. But I would never escalate a situation. Why not take her reg number instead and report her?

Reply to
Johannes

Johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@spamblock46437sizefitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Indeed. Vigilante justice.

Reply to
Adrian

ues, uxbridge :) damn spell checker :) the road with the macdonalds on the right next to the petrol station goes rfom nsl to 40 to 30 before it hits the bridge with the light just past it that one?

the thing with uxbridge though is that most of the roads that lead to it you can cane down because they are all nsl or dual carriageway 40's (not that I do :) )

Reply to
dojj

Besides, I intensely dislike the word "Oxbridge" :) People will sometimes ask: "So you went to Oxbridge?" - I think it's old fashioned and snobbish to lump the two universities into one word; it's like "So you're one of us elite - right?" Well, I actually I went to Brunel in Uxbridge, and did research in a 5 star (RAE) department.

Yes. The accident was just before the New Denham community centre, just where the overtaking lane ends.

Reply to
Johannes

my cousins kid went there did something to do with motorsport said it was quite good too :)

typical then

Reply to
dojj