OT: Anyone been had by the digital cameras on the M1 road works (jct 8-10)?

Slightly further off the off-topic, but we had a van stolen from an industrial estate in London during the weekend of 13/14 May.

It was picked up on an ANPR camera on 17 May, the info was relayed to a WPC on the beat nearby and she caught up with it in traffic, and arrested the driver!

It did take half a day of running around from one police station to another, and then to the pound in South Mimms (plus £200+), to get it back and then it turned out it had been rear-ended at some time during its absence.

Reply to
Art Deco

issue speeding fines if a) one camera detects an excessive speed or b) the time taken to get between two cameras shows average speed over a fixed level.

I wouldnt like to test it personally.

Coyoteboy

I did a couple of weeks ago by doing a steady 50 in the slow lane northbound between the last two cameras before the Luton Airport exit.

(and only because that last camera gantry wasn't there the previous time I'd done that trip. LOL)

Reply to
Art Deco