OT broadband service

My theory is that BT can get Openreach to fix stuff much quicker than other ISPs. We've had very few issues where I live - but they always fix very quickly if there is an issue.

The big challenge we have is the large number of home workers on the estate's cabinet - contention rates on a Monday morning when everyone downloads emails and joins conference calls can be an issue.

Reply to
Steve H
[snip]

The primary issue is getting the ISP (in your example BT) to take the problem seriously and recognise that it is something that Openreach can deal with. BT is not ***supposed*** to have better access to Openreach than other ISPs, but I'ms sure it does happen.

Having said that, large business that buy from BT (the sort with a multi-million pound annual spend) don't seem to have any problems in using BT ...

Reply to
Graham J

Yes. My problems with TalkTalk were always the same - and always 'their end'. Yet their 'service department' were obviously told to try every trick in the book before passing the fault on to OpenReach (or whoever) to be fixed. I suppose I can see their point - but very frustrating being told to try the same things so often, and knowing they're not going to fix it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes even virgin where available:)

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes second that, they came first in some ratings thing the other day..

Reply to
tony sayer

Humm...had Zen kicking Openwoe once and very good they were!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Cab you name the ISP at all then?..

Reply to
tony sayer

If they're one of those listed here:

there is a code they've agreed to - which includes an option to be relaesed from contract if the paid for speed/service can't be achieved. Copy of the code also available at that link

Reply to
RJH