OT: Car performance list?

Asked this a week ago in uk.rec.driving but no helpful replies so wonder if anyone here knows please?

Can anyone point me to a web page showing a comprehensive list of basic performance data for all 'modern' cars. OK, vague definition, but say made since at least say 1960.

I'm thinking of something that shows at least make, model, horsepower,

0-60 mph time, 30 - 50 mph time and max speed. Rather like the tables I used to see at the back of car mags.

After a fair bit of googling I still haven't found one.

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Terry Pinnell gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That's because it simply won't exist.

Feel free to compile it, though.

Reply to
Adrian

Like this?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Not really what you're looking for, but I find

has useful info.

Reply to
Jack

Thanks Chris, that's a good start, although many of the makes I checked don't include 0-60 mph times.

Must say I'm surprised that the tables I recall from the old car mags don't seem easy to find online. Wish I'd left them in the loft instead of dumping them a decade or so ago!

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Thanks Jack but the drop-down list on that site appears to start at

1990. So models like my Triumph 2.5, Audi 100, and Granada Scorpio aren't included.

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

You could buy a copy of Autocar. Gives most current models and some of the more popular oldies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave, I'll take a look during my next trip to the local WH Smiths. Hopefully the road test data is more comprehensive than appears from the reviews on their web site? At

only two reviews I see are the Triumph TR5 (68-69) and TriumphSpitfire (75-80). Nor does the Scorpio make it to the list.

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

There are two pages - but they do say 'every important car we've tested'. No Scorpio ;-) and the only Triumph is the Dolly Sprint.

But unlike other mags they only give their own figures from cars they've tested.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)