OT: Need insurance for my 17 year old

For points on your license it's actually having a fine which determines how long it takes to be 'spent'. Receiving a fine (and being 18 or over) has a 5 year rehabilitation period.

David Hearn

Good links. I thought this was the case but I hadn't seen any proof before.

So, although the points are dead after three years and can be removed after four, you still have to tell insurance companies etc. for five years *from the date of conviction*.

Reply to
PC Paul