OTish: Music onna USB stick inna car

Why do some albums play in the correct order yet the tracks of others are played in a random order? I've run a few albums through an ID3 renaming program thingy an' all. Still the same!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

"Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Depends on the head unit, I s'pose. What's the manual say?

I think they mainly go by track title - so I tend to name 'em 01- , 02- etc.

Reply to
Adrian

I've had the same thought. I had one album that insisted on playing in reverse order! I've tried renaming numerically, but that doesn't do it either. My only other thought was file date/time (some rippers rip in a funny order) but I've never confirmed it. And I'm an IT guy so I ought to know, but I don't!

Reply to
asahartz

and some rather stupidly play them in the order they happen to end up in the directory - not normally visible to or controllable by the user but roughly equates to the order they were added to a freshly formatted drive.

Search for a program 'foldersort' and see if that helps.

Chris K

Reply to
Chris K