Passat Headlamp Condensation

Hi,

My Passat 130 TDI suffers from condensation or perhaps water in the nearside headlamp.

I've removed the lamp and checked for leaks and found the lens and top of the lamp to be watertight.

I can only assume that water is entering the lamp through the vents at the rear (2 small holes about 5mm diameter with a rubber elbow attached) after the car has been driven through relatively deep surface water unavoidable where I live (Winter Puddles etc.)

What would you recommend to remedy the water problem, I have removed the water and dried the unit out once already and I am wondering whether to drill a larger drain hole into the plastic case at the bottom of the lamp housing would this help or just cause more problems?

Reply to
Sadcrab