Passat Lock Problems

Hi All

My 2000 Passat 115 TDi Estate was all fine until yesterday.

I noticed when I locked the car (remotely) the indicators would not always flash (as they used to).

Today I noticed when I lock the doors from the button inside all doors lock then the passanger door lock pops up by itself about 2 seconds later (I can hear the actuator is making this happen)

I checked the lock and when I turn the catch in it the light below the door goes off which suggests the microswitch to sense the door is closed is working.

I have now found to lock the car properly I need to press the remote locking button twice with a couple of seconds delay between each press. This makes the indicators flash and sounds like the deadlocks go on.

I assume there must be another microswitch in the lock which senses the lock has locked.

Is this correct and can I get at it to try to clean and repair it or change it for a new one? Or is there another part gone wrong.

Thanks for any help

Paul Edwards.

Reply to
Paul Edwards

Paul Edwards wrote: : Hi All : : My 2000 Passat 115 TDi Estate was all fine until yesterday. : : I noticed when I locked the car (remotely) the indicators would not : always flash (as they used to). : : Today I noticed when I lock the doors from the button inside all : doors lock then the passanger door lock pops up by itself about 2 : seconds later (I can hear the actuator is making this happen) : : I checked the lock and when I turn the catch in it the light below : the door goes off which suggests the microswitch to sense the door is : closed is working. : : I have now found to lock the car properly I need to press the remote : locking button twice with a couple of seconds delay between each : press. This makes the indicators flash and sounds like the deadlocks : go on. : : I assume there must be another microswitch in the lock which senses : the lock has locked. : : Is this correct and can I get at it to try to clean and repair it or : change it for a new one? Or is there another part gone wrong. : : Thanks for any help : : Paul Edwards.

A new battery in the keyfob perhaps?

Reply to
Phil L