Peugeot 205 engine and gbox removal from old H reg

Whats the quickest way of getting it out. Bearing in mind i do not have a hoist at present.

Throu the bonnet, or lift the body and out the bottom.

What are the pitfalls either way.

I have a front smashed peugot that i need the engine and gbox out quickly.

What would an engine gbox weigh ??

Reply to
me_and_my

Angle grinder YKIMS

Reply to
Malc

me_and_my ( snipped-for-privacy@agent.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Rent one.

Get medieval on it. Cut the front off with a honkin' gurt angle grinder. The bigger the better.

Way too much to shift single handed.

Reply to
Adrian

You could manage it with two strong bods, plenty of ropes/straps and with the transmission seperated from the engine.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Sandy Nuts ( snipped-for-privacy@these.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes, you could - but you then have to split engine and box in situ, too. The gearbox is one bloke to shift - so you COULD take the lot out with three men, but do you have the space around it all?

Cut enough tin off, and you make that more likely, but you're still going to be fighting for hand holds, and tripping over each other.

If the car's inside, and all the front's off, you could always tie the lump to the rafters then slide the car out from behind it.

You've then got to figure out how to gently lower it onto the pallet or whatever.

Rent a hoist. If the car's in a scrappy, they'll almost certainly have a forklift that they can use in exchange for some beer vouchers.

Reply to
Adrian

When you say

at what point, does the front start at ??

Do you mean at the rear of the front wings. ??? So the whole of the front end drops off, including wheels, shocks, steering etc.

Reply to
me_and_my

me_and_my ( snipped-for-privacy@agent.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

By the time you've finished, a bit further back from where it used to start...

Bonnet off. Slam panel off. Lower front panel off. Have the front off across the crowns of the arches.

If you need to go further back, do it.

It's a honkin' gurt angle grinder - you need an excuse?

Reply to
Adrian

The message from me_and_my contains these words:

Rather further back after it's been crashed.

Reply to
Guy King