Peugeot 205 - indicators not working, everything else is including hazard lights

Elderly Peugeot 205 XE (TU) - indicators not working, everything else is including hazard lights.

Occured after battery failure.

New battery and also changed indicator flasher relay, card now OK but indicators are no go.

Relay clicks OK when hazards warning lights are engaged, but no clicks at all when indicators are engaged.

Switches in stalk read OK on a meter.

Anyone ?

Jim.

Reply to
jdr.smith

maybe a faulty hazard switch, operate it a good few times and retry

Reply to
mrcheerful

So you think that the hazard warning light switch may be blocking the indicators ?

OK, I'll give that a go in the morning.

Can I take it out if the circuit altogether ..temporarily ?

Jim.

Reply to
jdr.smith

the hazard switch MUST disable the indicators, and sometimes does not re-enable them when switched off. Removing the hazard switch would not be especially easy, you would need to reconnect the appropriate wires. 9 times out of ten operating the switch briskly a good few times will cure the fault (very common on Fords)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

OK, I'll give it a try..I'll be gutted if that's all it is...

thanks

Jim.

Reply to
jdr.smith

OK.. here I am...and I'm gutted ;-)

Well done that man..!

I wasted a whole day of my holiday taking the dash to bits and checking all the wiring and trying to understand the cirucit diagram in the Haynes manual, all to no avail.

OK I thought, lets try the interweb, in my line at an IT tech I find the solutions to most real world problems on the net.

Well there ya go, should have posted in the morning eh !

Looks like the hazard switch may want replacing, you've only got to touch it lightly and it comes on.

Off to the salvage yard perhaps, though I may take it apart to have a look first.

Many many thanks Mr Cheerful..

Jim.

Reply to
jdr.smith

Got a replacement hazard switch from a motor salvage yard, couple of quid..sorted..

Thanks again.

Jim.

Reply to
jdr.smith