Peugeot 206 HDI exhaust leak and rear brake laod sensing valve seized

hi all,

I have a peugeot 206 HDI with the DW10TD engine

It appears that the exhaust system comes in two parts

a long section comprising of a short length of pipe (bolted to exhaust manifold/turbocharger) follwed by a catalytic converter and then by about 2 metres of pipe.

The 2nd section is the rear silencer with two short lengths of pipe at both ends.

Now I have discovered a hole big enough to put my finger into almost right on the end of the 2m long section of pipe justbefore it mates with the rear silencer.

Now I do not have a problem with the cat so I am loathe ro replace the whole of the long section for a finger sized hole at the end of it.

So anyone got any effective suggestions on how I can sort this out without having to buy a new cat?

I have a rear brake pressure regulating valve near the rear offside wheel that was flagged at MOT as an advisory to lubricate and free off..... Whats the best way of doing that? spray WD40 and jiggle the rod thats connected to the spring?

Regards

Stephen

Reply to
Mallory