Peugeot 206 - Injector Problem & Cat

Hi

Getting my 206 back from the Peugeot dealer today. They've fitted a new injector as it was only firing on three.

All in all, its costing me £203 - that labour included also. How they can charge an hours labour for sticking it on the diagnosis machine and letting the computer do all the work, is beyond me, but anyway, thats besides the point.

There was a 'but'...they're saying that I 'may' have damaged the cat through driving it on three. However, since the problem developed, I've only driven it twice - and both of those were to and from garages. Plus about a month ago I had a full new exhaust system fitted!

Is it possible to damage the cat like that? Or are the pulling a fast one on me? I really don't want to have to fork out on a new cat seeing as I only did so a month back!

Cheers

Reply to
Chris Flowers

Take it to another garage and have them do an emission test on it. That would show up whether the cat has been damaged. You don't need a full MOT test, just the emissions, and if you explain why, they may not charge you very much. Should only take 15 minutes anyway.

Reply to
Nigel

Nigel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi

Thanks for the reply ;)

I might just do that. Soon as I get my damn car back :(

Good ol' Peugeot dealer - they've had it since Thursday, ordered the part Thurs to arrive Fri - didn't arrive. Told me to ring today, so I did - still hasn't arrived :(

Won't be till Monday now :(

Apparently, according to them, its been 'badly misfiring', however I didn't notice it. Thats why they are saying it could have damaged the CAT - however the only 'problem' they told me about was that one of the injectors was shagged. And if the injector was worn out, then it may not have been opening, which therefore means it wouldn't have been firing. So is it even possible for my CAT to be shagged?

Damnit I hate car dealers/mechanics - if you're not in the know, then you're wide open to anything they say, and you have to take their word for it :(

Thanks

Reply to
Chris Flowers

Hello,

I also saw a case of shagged injector, blocked opened. It was on a R5 with MPI & cat, Marelli system.

Regards G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
"Chris Flowers" a écrit dans le message de news:Xns94E3675CB8CD4ChrisCubedhotmailcom@195.129.110.130...
Reply to