Peugeout 306 Rear Subframe Mounts

I've just replaced the rear-most (and cheapest) pair of rear subframe mounts on my 1993 Peugeot 306 XLD - a beast of a car - in an attempt to cause an annoying knocking noise experienced when travelling over uneven road surfaces.

However this has not cured the problem so I am looking to replace the front (and more expensive) pair on the same subframe. The Book of Lies suggests that I should remove the entire rear subframe to replace the mounts then simply reverse the procedure to re-install, however I'm not convinced that complete removal of the subframe is necessary.

Does anyone have any experience of replacing the front pair of rear subframe mountings without having to totally remove the subframe and all that doing so entails (disconnecting the brake pipes, exhaust etc...) ? Is it possible to drop one side at a time, obviously paying attention to the brake pipes, without removing the exhaust?

Many thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Howarth

^^^

Oops, I meant that I was aiming to cure the existing noise, not create a new one.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Howarth