PlusGas

Where's the best place to buy this stuff. I don't recall seeing it in the usual suspect shops like Halfrauds etc.

Reply to
gazzafield

In message , gazzafield writes

Some independent car accessory shops stock it. Mine certainly does. It ain't cheap but it is the best IMHO.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

"gazzafield" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.thankyou.says_I...

Bought a can from 'frauds in Bracknell a few months ago. Was near the WD40 and other similar sprays.

Reply to
MD

PlusGas might be considered the best, but IME no penetrating oil lives up to the claims. Any benefit is marginal at best. It certainly wont penetrate heavily rusted threads etc. The Consumer Association, 'Which' carried out some tests some years ago and came to the same conclusion. I find a pair of Stillsons usually shifts rusted track rod ends. Failing that heat the thread portion with a gas blowtorch. An Oxy-Acetylene torch is better, but I assume you haven't that choice. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Halfords in leeds sell it as well.

Reply to
Chris Street

I went to get some in Halfords the other weekend, was none on the shelf. They do thier own brand now so bought some, was just as good IMHO

Reply to
Jeremy Goff