Previa probs

Got a P plate Auto Previa 86000 miles.Mainly used for short runs since last Oct.

Last week it overheated and the rad expanion tank released its contents.I refilled when cold and got home ok. All fine until today when it did it again. Cannot see any signs of pipework or rad in problem and oil level seems ok. Any ideas please and if it involves replacing parts an idea of how to get at them would be great...the engine access on this is a nightmare. Tks

Reply to
Capt T

Get a coolant test done for exhaust gases. Chances are the head gasket is shot and is pumping gas into the coolant circuit causing it to over pressure.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Agreed sounds like head gasket failure to me too.... Your lucky you don't have the diesel equivilent as that problem would normally spell a cracked head all to common on them :(

Engine access isn't to bad if you remove the two front seats (easier than it sounds and then the engine cover underneath, it's then possible to work on pretty much anything with the engine still in place :)

Anyway, if you want to join up to

they've got a fair few technical bods hanging around that you could ask :)

Reply to
Tim Anderson