Probably wrong group but....

Vauxhall corsa 1996, stereo fitting, took the old one out (factory fitted) - has a three block connector - anyone got the pinout ? or is it standard ISO ?

cheers mark

Reply to
luna

Standard ISO, but with a couple of the wires swapped over (perm live and accessory live??)

If you google this group, you should get the info you require.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

cheers im guessing (its not my car) - the top block is for the dash display, quick hacksaw hack will get rid of that)

mark

Reply to
luna

Struggling with the little grey cells here, but from memory the radio slips into a kind of houseing which you remove to get at the actual plugs & stuff.

I think if you just leave the n dash connectors disconnected then you loose the display altogether.

i think there is a way for at least some after market kit (which I presume you are after fitting) to make at least limited use of the display.

Do a google search and all will become clear.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

yeah ive had a good look, vauxhall havent really left enough free wire to do the conversion properly/easily, easier access if the ashtray is removed tho, told the owner to go get a iso convertor for the car

mark

Reply to
luna

If money is no object, just go buy one. Otherwise EBay can be a lot cheaper.

And as mentioned before, Vauxhall tend to swap the permanent and switched live, so these often have bullet connectors on the wire between the car socket end and the ISO plug on adaptors.

As for the display, various manufacturers of more expensive stereos (Kenwood, Sony etc) do adaptors that will work for various cars - including using the stalk or wheel remote controls. It all adds up though. Probably easier to just ignore the display...

Reply to
PC Paul