Mondeo AirCon failed. Rv!

Mondeo Verona, 1800, X Reg Nov2000.

The aircon isn't working. I've read around and see that a quick bypass of the pressure switch on the low pressure side would allow a brief power up to see if the system will run.

As I don't actually have the car here to search, can someone point me in the right direction as to finding this sensor?

If it does power up with the bypass in place, is it worth trying one of these leak fix cans to refill the system? Do they work, or are they pretty much useless?

Thanks in advance! Rv!

Reply to
Rv!

In message , Rv! writes

If you have got a leak then the "quick fix" refill will short lived. Its probably your condenser that is leaking. I've just replaced mine on a Mk2 Mondeo. It was falling to bits when I got it off.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Largely no, but you may have some luck if and only IF there is still some pressure in the system (but not quite enough to allow the compressor to run)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..