vauxhall grundig standard stereo

hi all, disconnected the battery on my astra, and now the stereo is telling me it is in safe mode! then a number 10 comes up on the screen with _ _ _ _ which i gather is a code for the stereo!!!

does anyone know if this is just a standard factory code or was all vauxhall stereo's givin its own code?

bought the car without anything to do with the radio codes or anything

cheers chris

Reply to
chris scott

They're hardly going to assign one code that works for every radio...

Option 1) Get your unit 'decoded' Option 2) Get new unit

Reply to
Lordy

Go to your local car audio place (Yellow Pages is your friend). My local charges £10 to decode a unit.

Reply to
Nom