Problem with Ford Ka Headlights

I have a Ford Ka, and I changed my drivers side headlight bulb when i

blew about a month ago. All was fine, until I changed the bulb on th passenger side yesterday. This morning the drivers side blew again. Is this just a coincidence or should I be worried about my electrics?

Also, when changing the headlight bulb yesterday, I realised I didn' have a bulb for my sidelights on the passenger side (don't normally us sidelights), would this have any effect on the headlights going?

Any advice would be appreciated before I go to the garage and look a idiot

-- Looby568

Reply to
Looby568

Fuck going to the garage. You should be an expert in changing Ka headlamp bulbs by now (do you have foot long fingers attached to tiny hands?), go round other Ka owners and charge them for bulb changes. You should make enough cash to get something decent.

OTOH, bulbs are fairly likely to fail when they're brand new. You could just be unlucky. But the alternator could be overcharging. Get a multi/voltmeter and see how much the alternators putting out when the engine's running -

14.8V is about normal.
Reply to
Doki

you're not touching the glass with bare fingers are you? halogen bulbs dont like being touched. hope this helps

Reply to
chunkybear via CarKB.com

Thanks for this Doki, I'll do that.

I actually have quite small fingers attached to tiny hands , I jus don't really care if I get them scratched or dirty!!! I believe th phrase is 'no sense, no feeling'..

-- Looby568

Reply to
Looby568

-- Looby568