Pug 206 - Rattly Fanbet Pullys

Hi all,

I have a T Plate Pug 206 - 1.4 LX (AC) with 33k on clock.

About 7 months ago I had the fan belt and two pullys changed (at dealer) as the car had developed a rather annoying rattle/squeek on tickover and upto about 2500rpm. Squirting the old WD40 on the pullies shut it up for 10 mins, so it had to be these.

The bloody rattle/squeek is back again and same diagnosis (WD40 on syspect pully and shuts up for a bit).

One of the pullys I understand is a Tensioner one (has big spring attached to it, other is a smaller one which belt runs over (this one seems to be the supect.

Since there is 12 month guarantee on parts, I moaned at them and its booked in to be done - again (but the their expense)

The car has only done 3000 on the 'New' pullys and belts, yet it managed ten time this on the orginal ???

Has anybody had any experiences of rattley/squeeky belts and pullys, especially on pug 206.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Smith

They havent tensioned the belt correctly. Steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver