206 Mis-firing

Hi, I am new here and hope I may get some help with this problem.

Pug 206 suddenly started misfiring, it is a 1100cc engine 4 cylinder,

4 year old car with only 20,000 miles, also the STOP light has come on in centre of Speedo but engine management light is not lit. My first thought is plugs which I need a smaller plug spanner to change but am sure it may be something a bit more serious, as you can smell a bad egg smell, which may mean gasses coming out from somewhere.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards John

Reply to
Jon-401

sounds like your c.a.t. or you are useing the wrong grade of petrol.

Reply to
Chrs

Coil that will make the car miss so try and get a new one or get the coil tested .

Reply to
Chrs

May have identified problem as H.Voltage coil uint which sits on top of the engine and has 4 rubber extension tubes one to each S.Plug, believe its a common problem with pug206 anyone else had problem £95 from Andrew Page.

Regards Joh

"Jon-401" wrote

Reply to
Jon-401

Reply to
Mike D

This is quite a common fault and it is best to change the plugs and extensions too.

Reply to
Nigel