Pug part number for hose?

Hi all,

Just thinking out loud ..

A water hose went yesterday on the old 94 200k Rover 218SD (1.9 non turbo) and the Rover / MG part people want 31.50 + pnp + Vat for a replacement (assuming they can actually get one).

Whilst I would go there if I had to (half what I paid for the car 7 years ago ) I wondered if anyone had dealt with this lump, maybe when it was also in Pug or Citroen and may know if I could get away with a length of straight hose (I need to get the alternator out of the way to see the connections easily).

It's the one that goes from the o/s of the oil cooler (sits at the base of the oil filter) to underside of the thermostat, about 18" away. It looks like it might be about 1/2" ID and is basically straight with two 90 deg end sections (in a Z shape).

Or, would a Citroen / Peugeot deal stock one or would it likely have different hoses?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The local Peugeot place suggested they might have hose and it's part no 1307AA and looks like this:

But at £21+ I looked about and might be getting one for 12 quid delivered off 'T' net.

In the meantime, a length of 15imm I/D coolant hose encouraged into a 'S' shape seems to be doing the trick.

A bit of old fashioned car maintenance? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m