Punto red key

Hi,

quick question.

I'm looking to buy a 54 reg Fiat Punto.

The seller says he didn't get a red key when he bought it new.

Do new Fiat's not come with a red key anymore?

Thanks,

Reply to
xscope

They allways used to, but Iam not sure about the modern ones.

Give a Fiat dealer a ring, cos if you aint got it and need it, you will be spending serious cash.

Regards Slim

Reply to
martin.taz

Nope, that one would have just had the normal keys... they scrapped off the red key some time ago.

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Current issue of Car Mechanic, has a bit on Red Key and a chap in the midlands who can provide an alternative instead of paying megabucks at Fiat.

April 2006 issue. Go to

or Car Audio Services, Sheffield, 07957-247152, 70880-532842 for the details. Not all Fiats can be re-coded in this method, you will have to check your ecu against a list.

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

I've got a 54 Fiat Idea (used) and just got the one key.

The dealer found the second key after a week or so, which opens the doors and turns in the ignition, but won't start the engine.

Claimed to be a chip fault, so they've ordered a new key. That was 5 weeks ago, and they still don't have the new key - supposedly some problem getting them from Italy. I'm going to suggest they walk there and get me one, cos it would almost be as quick.

Reply to
Alan Gauton

Please don't. There are plenty of far better cars out there for the same money.

Anything without a Fiat badge for example.

Reply to
Alan

You'll be glad to hear, I pursuaded her to buy a nice shiny red 05 reg Seat Ibiza.

Reply to
xscope