PUNTO

hello i am a car dealer, and can offer the following advice. punto mk1 no red key..............options

1) if you intend to sell the car to dealer.........just buy any red key from ebay.....we never check it really!!! 2) if you really want a red coloured key, you can get a blue key cloned, it will in effect only have blue key functions, but it will start the car, and most people will not realise is actually a blue key becos its red!! i just got one done on saturday for 30.00.....red key........ 3) you can go to a breakers yard and buy an ecu, all the locks, the code block and loop and red key, and fit them to your car, current price is approx 30-40 for the bits and 25.00 to fit....this will make it good as new with no problems whatsoever!! 4) you can find one of these lock companys that say they will provide you with a red key and 2 blue keys etc, this involves reprogramming your existing ecu, and can in most cases render your immobilisor inoperable, which cud have serious implications from your insurance company. check first!! 5) you can go to fiat , with there pathetic customer service and extortionate prices and blow your brains out.......not recommended under any circumstance!!! furthermore, the chances of you actually needing the red key in the future for service whatnots are 10,000-1 chance, this is a quote from a major motoring reliabilty study, read into that what you will.

punto mk 2.......1999w- 2006

problem............you only have one blue key? if the key you have has a ( 1) marked on it you can go and get another one with no problem.dont go to fiat!!! if the only key you have has a number 2 on it, like me this week!!......i took it to my local cobblers, who ordered me a key from italy, it took 4 days, he hooked his computer to my car and reprogrammed the new key, just as fiat would do, and all is well. i now have 2 fully functioning keys, just like new, with no adverse problems......cost 95.00...

hope that helps some of you and just as a footnote........................DO NOT GO TO FIAT DEALERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE

Reply to
IAINFITZGIBBON15

*yawn*

We know. It has been done to death in the past. Only with proper punctuation, spelling and capitalisation last time.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@MSN.COM wrote in news:1170545183.787948.126430 @s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Does Gibbon fit Ian too?