Question - re The Budget and Car tax

How are the new Tax bands to be implemented

I have a Rover 2.0 CDT (1st registered in 2000) Will my vehicle qualify and if so what band will it be in

Regards & TIA

Reply to
Prickle

Get of your backside and go and research it!

It's simple and easy.

Took me around 60seconds.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Thanks mate You could have pointed me to a website that explained the new rules ... it would have taken you about the same time

Reply to
Prickle

OK - I could have told you "No"... it would have taken me about the same time. Mea Culpa. :-)

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I could have

But I'm trying to make you realise that most of the time things in life aren't that difficult if try yourself.

If I'd given you a link you'd never know that.

HINT

You could have looked at earlier posts today about the same subject...

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

I did ... and on my servere there are no posts relating to my question I also did a Google and did not find any relevant items

Reply to
Prickle

"Prickle" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk:

(cat noises)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Prickle (prick@somewherecom) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There's more to the internet than Google.

Your car was first registered in 2000, so it doesn't - and never has - fallen into the taxed-by-CO2 bands, which apply to cars first reg from

1/3/01

This is confirmed by, of all people, the DVLA on their website. You can get to the specific bit by going to DVLA.gov.uk (because they're part of GOVernment in the UK), clicking on ENGLISH (unless you speak Welsh), VEHICLES, then the first few links relate to taxing your car. The second is "HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?"

This takes you to the very well obscured URL

All that's happened is that Gordon's massaged the bands a bit - as umpty- seven posts here confirmed yesterday.

Reply to
Adrian

Like this one?

Or those who collect it,