question about tyres

Hi All, I have a general question on tyre selection. Considering the part of the world we live in i recently change from the standard all-weather tyres to uni-directional wet weather tyres. While the tyres preform really well in rain conditions, I notice a large drop in top speed of the car, is this normal / expected?. The tyres in question were first Dunlop SP200's for all weather and then the Uniroyal Rallye 550 (rain tyre). Perhaps somebody might suggest a better selection of tyre, BTW it's to go onto a toyota avensis and while the original speet is approx 120mph the new speed with uniroyal tyres is more like 100mph (not much better than).

Regards

Seamus Mc Loughlin

Reply to
Seamus Mc Loughlin

Something else is wrong with your car, like the engine. How old is the car?

Reply to
Doki

..or he fitted totally the wrong size.

Reply to
adder1969

If you had 17" tyres replaced by 18" that would mean when you are doing

120mph the speedo would only read about 113mph.

16" to 18" means 120 would read 106

Reply to
CWatters