RAC guarantee?

I am getting a 4 year old car which will have 12 months RAC guarantee which can be upgraded to a gold version. Are these guarantees worth the paper they are printed on and is it worth upgrading it to gold? pete

Reply to
turtill

a.n.other

Well actually I am also of the same opinion as you but the salesman wouldn't sell it cheaper without the RAC bit of paper so I will have it anyhow. It probably excludes gaskets or any failure caused by a gasket failure and seals and any failure caused by a failing oil or water seal and anything else is written out of cover in the small print. pete

Reply to
turtill