Radio code in rover 214

A friend with a 14 yr old rover 214 wants to pass the car to a young person. He has never, since new, used the radio (it was shown working by the salesman) but it has had two new bats which according to the book wipes out the "code". You know whats coming next - how if possible can we obtain the code? The service book has all the car num but not the radio code.

Reply to
London

Often found written on the radio case itself (I know it shouldn't be) but maybe worth popping it out to check

Tony

Reply to
TMC

How does it come out?

Reply to
London

PLastic covers at each end. Take them off and you will see two holes on each side that removal keys slot into. You can get the keys from most car shops.

Reply to
Conor

And once you've done that. If it's not written on it, go here.

gazzafield

Thanks for all the replies - i will pass them on.

Reply to
London