Rascal van alternator??

Hi,

I'm driving "up north" in a few days to collect a bedford Rascal van. It needs a new alternator.

As there aren't any Rascals in the local scrap yard, do any vehicles have the same alternator. I'm hoping a Nova or smaller Astra might?

Any advice welcome!

thanks,

Jessica.

Reply to
Jessica

bedford rascal = suzuki If I were you I would get the old one reconditioned.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Probably not, since it's a rebadged Suzuki SuperCarry :>

Try this web site for parts:

Ber

Where up north? If its anywhere near Hull, there's a garage called Sisons who do nothing else but recon alternators and starters. Dirt cheap too.

Reply to
Conor

If its got a fully charged battery, it'll make it all the way home in daylight.

Reply to
Conor

That explains why all these "mini vans" look the same to me. I guess I'll charge it up and drive it home in the daylight, then get it re-wound at my leisure.

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Jessica.

Reply to
Jessica

->Hi,

->

->I'm driving "up north" in a few days to collect a bedford

->Rascal van. It needs a new alternator.

As others have said is a Suzuki part, the same one is fitted to SJ410 if you find one of those in the scrappie, if you are in Surrey I have about 1/2 a dozen sitting in my shed.

Reply to
Geoff