Re: Advice needed : Thanks Mr Cheerful

Thanks Mr Cheerful. All that just to change the water though? I understand about letting it drip through, but do I really need to take the radiator off? Thanks again for the very detailed reply - it is appreciated, but I dont know if I can manage to do all that. regards. Mr E.S.

Reply to
Mr E.S.

the radiator off?

know if I can manage to do all that.

I misread the original post and thought you wanted to change the radiator as well ! A simple drain off the rad and refill with 3 litres of antifreeze then top up with water will be quite sufficient, the info about letting it stand then run it with the cap off,then a short drive and recheck all apply though.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

I take it the Escort cooling system is 6 litres? Antifreeze has a lower SHC than water, so if you get a lot too much anti freeze the engine won't be cooling as well.

Reply to
Doki

Whilst that's true, it's rarely an issue, however much we whinge about the hot weather over here the UK's relatively cool so water pump capacitys unlikely to cause you a problem.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from Duncan Wood contains these words:

Sometimes matters with motorbikes though.

Reply to
Guy King