Re: Any Tyre Deals at the moment?

Lordy.UK wrote:

> [...]

How do they balance the tyre on a home visit? ISTR the balancing machine was a big heavy thing.

Reply to
Andy

Not so large that it couldn't be mounted in the back of a transit

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Which is exactly the vehicle that arrived from e-tyres to fit the 2 tyres that I bought last year.....

Good tyres, fitted and balanced very well and good, polite service. If they remain competitive, I'll be back.

Adam

Reply to
Adam H

They fitted 2 tyres to the rear of my car one lunchtime (office car park) - it was only on the drive home that I found out that they weren't balanced (indeed, they hadn't even made the effort as no weights were fitted).

Reply to
cupra

I went a garage once which insisted it could balance a wheel on a straight metal edge to see which side tipped the most.

!!!

Reply to
Andy

That is only acceptable for balancing thin wheel/tyre assemblies, e.g those on bicycles. This "Balancing for dummies.." explains....

Lin Chung