Re: Avensis: Stopped & Won't Restart - Main Dealer Baffled

In message , Tricky Dicky writes

Anyone had any experience with Toyota Avensis (99 T) engine just packing up >and refusing to start? I was just driving along and all of a sudden I just >lost all power and had to coast to a stop. > >Main dealer has looked at immobiliser ECU but it isn't that and all usual >mechanical checks done (fuel pump etc.) > >Anyone any ideas? > >Thanks in advance >

Its back to basics then. Is there a spark at the plug and is the fuel getting through to the cylinders.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Yep - although there was some comment about "a smallish spark" - that I did not understand. I have further learnt today that the diagnostic computer is throwing up an "error 99" that indicates an immobiliser fault - but the immobiliser is okay (ECU chip changed and physically disconnected from the fuel pump)

I hope it is a basic thing, btw

Thank you for replying

Tricky

Reply to