Re: Basic Car Maintainence

its not about speed of drain starting the engine prior to oil change

> its about the crap being agitated and suspended in the oil

I don't think he cares about obtaining or giving basic car maintenance help. He's more interested in plugging his scum bag website, the filthy spamming f*ck that he is.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I always find it's best to change the oil without the engine running.

Reply to
Doki

That's how I read it!

Reply to
Tom Burton

The message from "Angus Manwaring" contains these words:

Yes.

Reply to
Guy King

Crap is mostly heavier than oil. In warm oil it will sink faster. Generally crap will be in the filter or in the sump already. Running the engine to warm it up won't scatter it all round the engine unless you are into some serious off roading.

But it will mean that (some of) the last dregs of oil in the sump come out easier and bring the crap with them instead of staying stuck in the sump.

Reply to
PC Paul

Mnay thanks for the helpful and informative answer.

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring