Re: Help: Car refusing to start

Subject: Help: Car refusing to start

>From: "Ghassan Ghattas" snipped-for-privacy@terra.net.lb >Date: 19/07/03 16:01 GMT Daylight Time >Message-id: > >Hi, > >I have a 1996 Fiat Punto model 90ELX. I exchanged the fuel pump last week as >my car broke down couple of times and it looked apparent that it was the >fuel pump. > >Couple of days ago, I had the same symptoms where apparently the fuel supply >to the engine was not proper

On what basis would you assume that?

and eventually would stop. The electronic

injection light on the dashboard did not turn on, so I assume it was not a >disfunction in the injection system or the engine management. > >Went back to the repair shop where they exchanged the one week old fuel pump >with a new one (and tested the fuel pump pressure) and also exchanged the >fuel regulator and just today I had the same problem again.

Then clearly it wasn't the fuel pump in the first place.

>Can anyone help me how to diagnose this problem?

If you won't post any symptoms then no.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

"How's life Norm?" "Not for the squeamish, Coach" (Cheers, 1982)

Reply to
Dave Baker