Re: How...?

On 15/04/2018 18:56, Tim+ wrote:

They must have prepared the engine with essential minimal clip-on hooks: electric, petrol, throttle, output shaft. I don't think it was trick video; they could have done that, but there would be no point. What you see is what happened.
B-reg 1984-85. I saw that many+ years ago at Esther Rantzen I think it was. Things that you don't know that you know...omg scary.

I'd say now take the vehicle on a decent long journey and see if it makes it. ;-)
--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

In my engineering days, I did a lot of work of tanks and armoured vehicles- not the mechanical side, electronics, navigation and related kit.
However, one of the tanks had as a selling point that the whole engine (and I think gear box). In one of the various meetings I attended, the engine swap was shown. It was a treat to behold. I think it was the M1A1.
On 21/04/2018 15:21, Brian Reay wrote:

the leopard had a removable engine box unit that dropped in quickly as a running package
On 21-Apr-18 3:21 PM, Brian Reay wrote:

could do what?
Headstands?
Jump cows?
How long did it take to change?
How long when under fire?
On 22/04/18 07:47, Peter Hill wrote:

Sorry, the perils of not getting after editing- swapping the engine/gear box assembly.

I don't recall- I'm going back near on 30 years but I think it was under an hour.

They tend not to do that kind of thing in the battle zone!
However, it was done 'in the field', ie a makeshift work camp rather than a proper workshop. The whole 'drive unit' was just lifted out as a unit, having had the various connections disconnected etc. The engine was a modified version from some other application. Around that time I was involved with a number of armoured vehicles, including tanks. While I'm sure it was a tank, I'm not sure which one. I suspect the M1A1 as that was the tank I had most to do with. I spent some time in the US around then.
On 22/04/18 12:03, Brian Reay wrote:

Here is a YouTube Video of the left part, although in a workshop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiv4oRdlGk8

Site Timeline