RE: shipping to USA

anybody have any experience shipping cars to the states?

I'm considering shipping 1 good driver and 1 mot failure (parts car).

wondering whether the best choice would be to roll them both into a container.

No experience of shipping to USA but my boss shipped a newish Toyota Avensis to the Seychelles a few months ago. As you said, it went in a container (along with many other things!). I seem to remember it had to have almost all the fuel drained out, leaving just enough to start it and move it about. Of course, there was also 'fun' with customs...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Are you sure the "good driver" will meet US emission standards or are you prepared to have the necessary modifications done?

Reply to
Grizzly

Hi,

since I'm talking about Morris Minors (maybe a Traveler) I can import them without modifications if they are 1968 or earlier... and the MM was made for decades!

I already drive a RHD car (a US made Saturn SWP).

ttyl

akia

Reply to
Akia