Re: Thinking about changing my car

I'm thinking Audi or maybe BMW. Is Japanese an option?

Mondeo? Avoid the LX and Ghias with their old man suspension and go for the Zetec model. If you shop around, some Zetecs come with heated front screens and climate control so the only thing missing over the Ghia models is the fake wood dash.

Some real low mileage 4 year old models under £3k now.

Reply to
Conor

There is a good reason for that, all Mondeos are s*1t.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Alfa 156 GTA Sportwagon. Saab 9-5 Aero.

Reply to
SteveH

That's exactly what I'd do.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I think it's less about it having been "violated" than that's just finally got me to thinking about a change after owning it for 5 years. A friend is talking about me trying something with the VW 130 bhp TDi engine. Maybe a Passat estate. Easily boosted to 175 bhp with a bit of chippery and a chunk more if I can be arsed to whip the head off and do a big valve ported version for myself. Lots of mid range grunt and sod all fuel cost. I quite fancy a 200 bhp oil burner.

I also see from an online price guide that the Focus is worth less than I thought. Maybe 2k rather than 3. Hardly worth selling. My share portfolio goes up and down by more than that in a day quite often. I suppose I could keep it as a reliable spare and just buy another car.

Reply to
Dave Baker

I drive a chipped 406 HDI - 110 to 135 or so. It does make a difference to the performance, but I still don't like the power delivery, even though the chip improved it a lot. A good 16V petrol engine is far nicer.

Reply to
Doki