Difference between 1999 9-5 and 9-5 SE?

What are the differences between a 1999 9-5 and 9-5 SE? I'm looking at a loaded 4 cylinder manual and I don't think it's an SE but I'm not sure.

Kelley blue book lists a significant difference in price between the two.

Thanks! Joel

Reply to
joelnews

Joel,

Here is one source of information:

from an unmonitored email address.Personal replies may be sent to user k.l.bailey atthe Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

Reply to
klbailey_usenet

Perhaps the sound system is a differentiating factor? 5 speaker vs 9 speaker?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

In Saab-speak, SE usually indicates leather, sunroof and full turbo (4 cyl). At least that's what I found when I was recently shopping for a 900/9000.

Reply to
Laura K

The URL given by klbailey didn't list too many differences for the US

9-5 and SE models, but my Australian SE had many extras not listed there - wood veneered dash, upgraded alloy wheels and tyres, Harmon Kardon Hi power Hi Fi system, climate control A/C, heated seats all round, electric seat adjustment for driver and front passenger with 3 memory settings for the driver which also adjusted the rear vision mirrors accordingly. Leather seats too, of course. Don't know if the US model had all of those, but it should help differentiate from the basic 9-5 if it has some of them.

--=20 Regards, Peter Wilkins Profanity is the crutch of inarticulate @ssholes

Reply to
Peter Wilkins