Rear Light Lens Required. Where?

Mother-in-law's got a Toyota Corolla T3 and just recently a hole has appeared in the driver's-side rear light lens which is now letting in water. Light cluster itself is still ok, and the lights are still working.

Where's the best place to get just the lens cover for the light cluster, other than a main dealer, and is it easy to fit?

Already tried local scrapyards with no luck. Also tried a couple of nationwide breaker internet sites, but can't even get a response from them!

Cheers, Shaun.

Reply to
Code Developer

You could try eBay, but if it were mine I'de just bite the bullet, and get one from Toyota. It's all very well trying to source one s/h or cheaper, but after trying all the easy options, it can be more hassle than it's worth to keep looking. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I have found that the web-based nationwide scrappies, even if thy respond and have the part - can cost more than getting the new part from the main dealer!

Reply to
R. Murphy

Yeah, it's starting to look that way - may have to go to Toyota after all, but I bet it's going to be expensive.

eBay was also the first place I looked, but nothing doing.

Reply to
Code Developer

How bigis the hole? Can you get to it from the other side? I'd be inclined to try patching it with resin if it's not too big.

Reply to
Conor

Or an easy temporary repair to keep water out is to just stick sellotape over the hole after giving it a good clean. IME it can last for months. It'll certainly last throughout the winter. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

It's roughly an inch in diameter. I thought about resin but have never used such stuff. Would the repair be noticeable?

The problem is this is a lease car due to go back in a few weeks, and she doesn't want them charging her a fortune for replacement parts if it's an easy job to fix before it goes back.

Reply to
Code Developer

Yeah, that's been the temporary solution for the past couple of months. This is a lease car due to go back soon though, so needs to be fixed properly as she doesn't want to be charged a fortune for repairs by the lease company

Reply to
Code Developer

I've seen repair kits advertised - but can't remember where. A bit of Googling should turn something up.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)