Recommend me a car cover

I'm going to leave my car for a few months as I'm out the country. Can anyone recommend a good car cover to use while I'm gone?

It's a 2002 Golf, but a universal one will do!

Thanks

Reply to
Krycek

A coat or two of Collinite 476 or preferably Fenwicks caravan laying up winter stuff. Car covers are a s**te idea.

Reply to
Doki

Conor

I'll use your car for you while you're gone. I'll wash it once a week and use it regularly to keep it in tip top condition.

Then, when you get back, the handbrake won't be seized, the battery won't be flat, the brakes will still work, the tyres won't have perished and the petrol in the tank will be fresh.

On the other hand, I'll have set the ventilation system to a temperature you don't like, the seat will be in precisely the wrong position, the ashtray will be full of sweetie wrappers and 7000 miles will have mysteriously appeared on the odometer.

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You like me and fill the ashtray with straberry chewists wrappers and then when you hit the motorwat with the windows open you'll like oopsy whill trying to grab all of them and end up going into the crash barrier. Easily done though ;-p

Reply to
Sarah

Hehehe, no, I only do that stuff in other people's cars.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ha so its you whos messing my car up!

Next time at least leave me one sweetie :)

Reply to
Sarah

Aww, of course I will, lambkins.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

This is about the last place on Earth that I thought it was possible to pull.

Reply to
TD

I will be putting a cover on my campervan for the first time this winter. Its supposed to be breathable, but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt for the first year and will be taking it off for an airing when ever I can. It can't be worse than the ravages of winter green moss and bird mess. I've tried protecting it with Fenwicks and it does help, but this year I want to stop the weather getting at it. The only proper solution is a garage and I am working towards building one, but the camper is 8ft 10in high, so this garage will need to be big.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

In message , Douglas Payne writes

But you won't have messed about with the mirrors, hmmm, remind me where you live so I can keep an eye out for you.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Ha so it was you afterall.

Puts you in the doghouse till you replace my packet of chewits!

Reply to
Sarah

In message , Graham writes

You can buy vented covers that have small fans which inflate the cover and provide positive airflow to dry out a car. Not much use for the OP unless he can guarantee power won't be interrupted but for you?

Of course the garage will soon be too full for the camper anyway...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Aint that the truth.

Interesting about the vented/fan covers. I might be able to devise something like that myself. There are a few vents on the side of the van (for fridge etc) and not impossible to fit a fan behind them. Good idea. Cheers.

Graham

Reply to
Graham