removing KA strero

Hi, trying to take out a ford KA stereo for a mate to replace it, tried the usual trick of a wire coathanger into the holes and pull, but it wont budge !! is there sommat else?

Reply to
Staffbull

Easiest way is just to spend 4 quid on the tool from Halfords (in essence, just two bent pieces of metal), or possibly you can get them from a Ford dealer. Much easier if you, like me, aren't all that skilled in making a bent coathanger do the trick.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The price for what you get is ridiculous; customise one yourself. Or, do what I did, and buy them, use them, re-staple, and return for a refund. Wouldn't normally do that, but I think in that case it's justified!

Reply to
David R

Easier to park it near my house with the window down.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thats a ripoff price, find an auto electricians and buy them from there. Should be about £1.50

Dave

Reply to
gort

:-)

Reply to
Staffbull

I recently took the standard stereo out of my Ibiza, I had the tools that came with the new stereo and I tried them, pulled and pulled and eventually just pulled the buttons off the stereo. I eventually gave up and asked on the SEAT forum to find that the way the stereo was clipped in. I found that it had two spring loaded clips on the sides and you needed to push both levers in the slots in towards the centre of the console in order to release the clips on the sides. In the end I did this with a customised piece of old loyalty card!! It wasn't the tool it was knowing how to "jiggle" it to release the clips- I'm sure it's different on a KA but perhaps you could somehow find out how it's clipped in. Then you'd know if it was a simple pull or if you have to release clips at the side of the stereo. Might help??

Reply to
loony