Removing Ford KA ('98 model) window handle

I need to remove a Ford KA window handle. Is the handle just pressed onto a tapered (or splined) shaft? Haynes manual says "carefully pull the handle from the regulator shaft", but this one seems really stuck on. I'm trying to pull on the handle whilst levering it from behind with a broad screwdriver and it feels if it will break if I use any more force. Is there a trick to doing this job or is it sometimes necessary to destroy the handle in order to remove it. Many thanks for any responses.

Reply to
Sunday Driver

It's clipped on with a pingfuckit clip as described elsewhere. Vaguely horseshoe shaped. You need to lever it off the groove in the splined drive before you can get the handle off.

Reply to
Doki