Door sensor on a 99 Firebird

I am having a small problem with my 99 firebird. It seems that someone has disabled the door sensor. The alarm will go off automatically 8 seconds after the door is opened so I can see a reason for wanting to disable it. But it is causing a problem because the radio stays on after I turn off the ignition, and supposedly will turn off as I open the door. But the radio will stay on even after I have left the car. I would like to find out how to re-enable the door sensor because I want the alarm to work as effectively as possible and I dont want the radio running long after I have left the car. I just cant seem to find any button or switch that will tell the car that the door has been opened. If someone could inform me of where the switch is located and what I have to do to get it working again that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
cnype