Renault Laguna temperature gauge

I have owned a Laguna 1.9TDI RT estate for about 6 years. Recently the temperature gauge has started to do funny things: when I switch the lights on, or the fan, or the CD player, the temperature gauge goes up quickly to worrying levels! Switching the electrical things off, means the gauge goes back down again. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Perhaps unrelated to this, the backlight of the instrument panel has become dimmer on the right hand side. Looking at the Haynes manual, it looks like a big job to take the instrument panel out for inspection.....

Cheers,

Johan

Reply to
johan