306 Temperature Gauge

I have an X reg 306 LX 1.4, just over 30,000 miles on it.

A few days ago I noticed that the engine temperature gauge seems to be reading at about 10 degrees more than it used to. It used to get to the 90 mark and stay there but now it will sit between 100 and 110. I think it is an incorrect reading since I've also noticed that if I switch the headlights on it immediately pushes the dial towards the red in some cases. If I then switch the lights off the dial immediately comes down again. I'm guessing it is some sort of electrical fault. Also, I've noticed that something as simple as switching the indicators on, or braking, causes the dash lights, clock included, to noticeably get dimmer. I don't think this happened before the temp gauge started over reading.

The car is still under warranty so I'm gonna get it checked out but would be interested to hear if anyone has any idea what might be causing this.

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
Darren O'Donnell