Skoda Octavia: Brake problem

Hi all

I've just been doing some odds and ends on my 2003 MK1 Octavia. I noticed, with the engine running, that I can hear a hiss of air when I press the brake pedal. The hiss seems to come from the base of the pedal itself.

I had the rear shoes replaced recently by a local garage and am not convinced that braking performance is all that it should be. The hiss sound happens as the brake pedal travels downwards and definitely seems to come from inside the car. It returns to the top of travel correctly but I'm sure the sound shouldn't be there.

Possibility of a problem with the pedal itself or something else?

Any help much appreciated.

Reply to
EvB

Sound travels and may not be coming from where you think it is. You're problem sounds like air leaking into the servo. A stethoscope would find it.

I once had a squeak coming from the brake pedal of my Renault Savannah. However, investigation showed that it was actually coming from the rear brake shoes as they moved on the (dry) back plate.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham